Assigning & Unassigning Devices
To assign a device to a user, the user must have a profile that is activated. Please check that there is a profile with an activated status in the people page before trying to assign a device.
You can assign a device on the device page, in the people page or within a team.
On the device page
- Open the Apps & Devices option on the menu then select devices.
- Here you can view summaries of the total devices you have, how many are available to be assigned and how many are available to be assigned.
- Find the device within the list, by searching for the device’s serial number.
- To assign the device, select the add button and a dropdown box will appear under the assignment section.
- To swap the device, from one user to another select the button with 2 arrows to show the drop down box.
- Only activated users will appear within the list. Choose the user you would like to assign then select the add button to confirm and save.
- To unassign the device, select the minus button and confirm. This will update the devices available within your account summary.
On the people page
- You can also assign devices within the people page or on the teams page, when viewing a specific team. On both pages there are quick actions to add or remove devices from people.
- Select the add button on the activated user you would like to assign a device to.
- A page will open showing devices/apps currently assigned to the user and all devices available within your account.
- Find the device using its serial number within the list and select the add button, then confirm that you would like to assign the device.
- Follow the same process using the minus button to unassign the device from a user.